New 1099 Questions on Business Returns

NEW 1099 QUESTIONS ON BUSINESS RETURNS   Generally, any trade or business that makes payments in the course of that trade or business of interest, rents, compensations, remuneration for services, annuities, etc. aggregating $600 or more for the year to a single payee is required to report the payments to the IRS and to the recipient of the payments by filing Form 1099. This reporting requirement generally does not apply to payments to corporations. However, the 1099 reporting requirements do apply to payments made to corporations for attorneys’ fees, and to amounts paid to corporations providing medical or health care services. In addition, if a business makes a payment otherwise required to be reported on Form 1099, the payment is